Sunday, May 22, 2011

Is School Supposed to Be Fair?

Is school supposed to be fair?  I already know the answer.  NO it is NOT!!  If two students so much as whisper in the hallway, we miss two minutes of recess.  Only the people who were talking should miss recess.  When one person is messing around in the classroom, the teacher stops teaching and goes and pouts at her desk.  I guess she thinks that will help.  IT does NOT!!  It's just a chain reaction.  Kids start yelling at each  other to be quiet and the room becomes a jungle of voices.  When one student, yes just one, continuously yells out, the teacher gets mad at everyone.  Ah, yes.  Then there's P.E.  If only a couple students are walking during our laps, the P.E. instructor adds on extra laps for the whole class.  Can you tell me how that's fair?  If three people fail the push-up test, why does everyone have to retake it? My Mom has told stories about the Army, and her stories and mine sound very similar.  My Mom says the Army uses mass punishment because they want people to gang up on the one who's misbehaving. Do the teachers want us  to sharpen our pencils and stab the misbehaving child?  Or, maybe we should knock their lunch tray out of their hands.  Good thing I wasn't told that life is always fair on Cassidy Street.

4 comments:

  1. Oops! Your post made me remember that I promised you ten cents for taking out the trash. Sorry! I'll pay you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No to stabbing people with sharpened pencils......even when life is totally unfair! I'm eager to hear more about life on Cassidy Street!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes, even grownups just don't know the right thing to do. Just remember this year is almost over and there will be a whole new start next year. Great writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not fair. U are right. It's a hard lesson to learn and one that you will keep learning. I really enjoyed reading your blog can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete