Thursday, June 2, 2011

who are the rules for?

My school's dress code says that you can't wear opentoed or openbacked shoes [technically flipflops] well some kids simply can't follow this rule. There are some kids that seem to sort of  stand above the teachers. I don't know why teachers are reluctant to disiplen some students.[I wonder if the parents bribe the teacher to make their child teacher's pet.] The kind of kids that think they're so cool and while their being snobbs people are whispering about them behind their backs. For an example someone will come in wearing flipflops and the teacher will tell them not to wear them. And, the next day they'll wear them again and the teacher will leave it alone.  It's not reinforced.  If I wore sandals I would get in trouble. Hmmmm.

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you for keeping the rules even when others break the rules AND get away with it!! You have to say to yourself, "I know who I am and I won't break the rules no matter what silly stuff goes on between teachers and kids who may try to be their pets by breaking the rules".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what to say to this one. As a teacher I strive to be fair and treat everyone with respect. I don't like to hear when some teachers (especially elementary) creates these type of situations. It's not right! But you know this already. It's hard to watch and it's hard to even think about it.

    ReplyDelete